The Ashmount Appeal ~ launched
February 2012 ~ Still making a difference
We have a Just Giving page at
Many thanks to Draper Tools who have donated tools for our students to use in their Design and Technology sessions.
Events currently raising money for the appeal are:
The Summer Fayre on Sunday 26th June raised £1849.64. Thanks to all of our sponsors and The Friends of Ashmount. A great day out.
LSU Sing! Spring Showcase. On Saturday March 5th our friends at the University Choir held their usual Spring Showcase at The Cope Auditorium. Dave attended to say thanks to everyone as all the proceeds go to The Ashmount Appeal - including from sales of the delicious cakes! £1,205.61 was raised.
Small change collection boxes. In early 2016 all parents will receive our new change boxes. The idea is to fill them with your small change and return them to school. Every little counts!
National Citizen Service. We have had a very good history of contributions from NCS students. Over the summer another NCS team raised £1,600.53 for The Ashmount Appeal. Many thanks to all of you for your hard work
* Also see The Friends of Ashmount - under the Community tab on this website for other events
* The Giving Machine.
Remember to use this when shopping. The link is above.
* Motor Line Direct of Shepshed are fast becoming one of our major sponsors and supporters. Motorline have donated the £100 prize for our raffle for two years. They have also sponsored a new sports kit for the children. They now have a website link up and running, feel free to visit following this link: www.motorlinedirect.co.uk/charities
Motor Line have now made eight quarterly contributions to the school of £2,406.20, £2,401.20, £2,176.40, £2,600.23, £2,259.60, £2,028, £1,887.09 and £1,982.40. This has been used to extend canopy cover over outside play areas. More recently the money from Motorline has been used to cover the primary slide area with reused latex/rubber compound. Total donated so far = £17,741.92
Many thanks to Ash and Geni for all their support and help.
The Christmas market stall in Loughborough raised £123.00 on Sunday 13th December - thanks to everyone who helped out and everyone who bought goods.
Sam's Christmas Shorts! Taxi Driver Sam (of Sam's Taxis') has agreed to come to school every day (he brings students in) in his shorts from September to December 25th despite the weather! You can sponsor Sam and all funds raised go to The Appeal. Forms available in school. Over £500 raised
Louise Pearson and friends held another burlesque evening at Sileby working men's club in November which raised £593.00. Thanks to everyone who took part and went along to support.
Soul and Motown night at the Carillon Rooms in Loughborough on August 22nd 2015. This event raised £600 which Richard and Paul presented to the school on September 21st. Many thanks to Richard and Paul for this second event and contribution (see below)
John Finnegan, father of student Rhylee, has raised £200 by doing a skydive and donated it to The Appeal. Many thanks to him
Des O'Connell has done a long distance cross country bike ride from Whitehaven to Newcastle with The Round Table for Ashmount Appeal on Thursday 11th June - Sunday 15th June
Many thanks to Polypipe and Eddie Jinks for again giving massive support to the summer fair. They donated the first cash prize and also bought loads of raffle tickets. Your support is greatly valued.
Events which have already raised money for the appeal are:
* Richard McNamee and Paul Middleton raised £607 with a soul and Tamla Motown dicso on December 28th 2014. They plan to run future similar events. Thanks for this idea and for all the money raised Richard and Paul.
Their next event is a Soul and Motown night at the Carillon Rooms in Loughborough on August 22nd - tickets available from school.
* Greenfields Sports and Social Club raised £1,000 in their Christmas raffle for the Appeal. Thanks to everyone who took part and organised this.
on Saturday 15th November from 7:00. Ticktes £4 for adults and free for children form School or on the door. A great annual fund raiser. This year this event raised £870.20 - many thanks to all involved.
* Loughborough Christmas Market. On the day of the Christmas lights switch on, Sunday 30th November the Friends of Ashmount will have a stall on The Christmas Market int he Market Square from 10:00 to 5:30. If you can offer to help on the stall please contact the school. Otherwise please come along and support The Friends and the school on the day. £230 was raised on the day.
* Loughborough Market Stall. The Friends of Ashmount have booked a stall and licence for Saturday 17th May. We hope to coordinate this with a students union bucket collection. Any help on the day would be very much appreciated. Or just turn up - buy some goodies or contribute. Contact school for more details. A successful event which raised the Ashmount profile locally, involved LSU Sing! and LSU Student Action and raised £123.00 Thanks to all involved
* Rockingham Castle Pain and Suffering event
November 3rd 2013 Ashmount parent Andy Wesson and a team of friends from Walkers Crisps will undertake the 10 mile obstacle course at Rockingham Castle. Obstacles include The Gauntlet, The Hollow, The mud crawl and K2 killer hills.
We have been well supported by Walkers in the past and Andy is hoping that they will match money raised by sponsorship. As soon as we get a link to the sponsor forms we will print it here.
More details of funds raised to follow. Read Ian Scarratt's account in the latest news section
* Leicester half marathon runner
Governor Neil Davidson will be running in the Leicester half marathon on Sunday 13th October. All the money he raises will be given to the Ashmount Appeal.
Neil completed the run in a good time and raised over £9,000. Many thanks to Neil and all your sponsors
*Long Whatton Village Show. Many thanks Chris, Alan, Lorrie and everyone else at Long Whatton. A cheque for £1,500 was presented to us in assembly on Friday 18th October 2013.
* 24 marathons and 4 Everests. Astonishing running event to be undertaken by a friend of Ashmount. Neil Foster will run 630 miles and scale the equivalent of 4 Mount Everests in a month - that's 24 marathons and finish in time for his 60th birthday!. Latest News - Neil completed this epic run on September 10th - just in time for his 60th birthday and showed us photos in our 6th November staff meeting. Well done Neil.
* Skydive contribution.
Steph Connor friend of ex-student Kate McHugh recently did a sky dive and raised £502 for the Appeal. Her brother Steven (who was 21 on the day) also joined in. At 18 years of age Steph is very brave - especially after showing us the video! Many thanks to her, Kate's family and friends for this addition to the funds. There is photo of Steph and Kate giving Dave the money below
* Thanks to Loughborough Town Cricket Club for their generous donation of £317.50
* £500 donation from Walkers crisps 'Burleigh Buzz' charity - great friends of the school
* Stall at Christchurch Church raised £53.30
* Lands End to John O'Groats bike ride. Charnwood College teacher Richard Trigg and friends Dave Hunt and Julian Sambles are doing the 900 mile ride between 25th July and 5th August 2013. Richard has generously volunteered to raise funds for the appeal through the ride. His Just Giving site is:
Richard raised £704.07 for our Appeal - many thanks to him and his friends.
* A slightly shorter ride. On 26th August - Bank Holiday Monday there will be a ride around Rutland water - 23 mile route. Due to start at 9:00 a.m. from the Whitwell site. If you would like to take part a sponsor form is available from school. We can also provide details of the event.
Donna Greasley and friends completed the ride raising £700. See the pictures on the 'Latest News' section at the front of the website
* 'Be a Life Shaver'. We are currently planning an event to jointly raise money for Clic Sargent (children's cancer care) charity and The Ashmount Appeal. This will involve Dave Thomas and Neil Foster (see above) having their heads shaved in school. We have the support of CLIC Sargent and a local hairdressers. The event will take place in assembly at 2:30 on Wednesday 10th July 2013. Sponsor forms have already gone out to parents. Contact the school if you would like to support this event - or even to join in! Raised £110 for the Appeal and £110 for Clic Sargent
* Long Whatton Village Show. Long Whatton Village Show is on Sunday August 25th 2013. They have adopted The Ashmount Appeal as one of their chosen charities this year. Everyone is encouraged to go along - it's sure to be a great day out. Here is a link to the show website: http://longwhattonshow.weebly.com/http:
* Return of the Summer Fayre. The ever popular summer Fayre at The Beacon is due to return this year. All the usual stalls and fun. If you would like to run or stall or help out in any other way please contact The Friends of Ashmount via the school. The Fayre will run from 12:00 midday to 4:00 p.m. on Sunday 16th June 2013. Total profit from the event was £1,519.10
* Greenfields Sports and Social club raffle. On Friday 14th December the Secretary presented Dave with a cheque for £1,200 after making the prize winning draw. Thanks to everyone involved at the club and thanks for all the hard work.
*Santa Fun Run on Sunday 9th December - see the article in the latest news. Amount raised to follow. Over 30 Ashmount Santas in our team this year! Well done to everyone! Topped up to £1,500 and presented on March 25th - see picture below
* Easy Family Recipes Cook book- Sponsored by 3M. Now finished and a fantastic book. Only £5 a copy - buy for your family and friends for Christmas. Launch event on Thursday 1st November from 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. in Carillon Court (outside W.H.Smiths). Books still selling well...
* The Dolly Mixtures dancers: Rebecca, Simone, Danielle, Louise and Joanna ~ An Ashmount parent and friends, are staging a Burlesque dance event on Saturday 17th November 2012. Plenty of time to get this in your diaries. It will be at Sileby Working Mens Club Tickets £3 each, with raffle and other attractions. All proceeds to the Appeal. Note change of venue. A fantastic show played to a packed audience. Louise and the ladies were brilliant. The event raised £752.90 for The Appeal. Many thanks to everyone involved.
* Motorline Direct Ltd. car dealers of Shepshed kindly made a very generous donation of £1,000 to the appeal - see photo of the giant cheque presentation in school below
* Loughborough Town Cricket Club Masquerade Ball including raffle and charity auction. All proceeds to Ashmount. Saturday 13th October 2012
On the night we were presented with a cheque for over £1,000 raised by events through out the year and promised more funds from the event itself. Thanks TLCC!
* Wacky Rally 'Barmy to Barcelona' 6th - 9th July 2012
Two drivers doing 1,870 miles in an old banger! Go to http://www.wackyrally.co.uk
You can contribute on their Just Giving page at http://www.justgiving.com/wackyrallyashmount
Now completed! Thanks to Mick and Danielle - a brilliant adventure and fantastic work for Ashmount over a whole year. Total amount of £5,446 raised! We are very grateful for all your work.
* Live Music event at The Beacon Pub Friday 6th July 2012
Local four piece band Dream, and support live in the bar. Tickets £3.50 in advance from School or The Beacon,or £4 on the door on the night.
Great turn out - brilliant music and a fantastic night out. Over £300 raised. Thanks to Aimee and the band.
*Sponsored silence. Classroom support assistant Shirley Gjeraj has undertaken a 24 hour sponsored silence over the summer holiday 2012. The exact figure raised will follow shortly - well done Shirley.
* School Summer Fayre. Lots of stalls and fun for all ages plus 'Plug and Play' music. Also car washing courtesy of Loughborough Scouts. Taking place at The Beacon Pub on Sunday 8th July
Thanks to everyone who turned up. Great event despite the later rain - everything went well. Well done Friends of Ashmount. Over £1,200 raised.
* Bag packing day at Loughborough Morrison's on Saturday June 16th. All welcome to come and help - or just have your bag packed and make a donation. Raised £307 - Thanks to staff, parents and Loughborough Scouts for your help.
*Redlands Primary School, Sileby will be holding a non-uniform day to raise funds for the appeal on Thursday 31st May
Thanks to Redlands School. Cheque presented in Ashmount assembly on on July 6th. Over £300 raised.
*Students E-Bay shop. Items sent in by parents or friends of the school are sold by E-Bay by the senior students. Now up and running and earning money.
Already raised over £200
* Fund raising live music concert. Friday 30th March 2012 at Hathern Club, Dovecote Street, Hathern. Pre-order tickets from firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Or pay £5 on the door. Live music, bar, buffet and raffle.
The event raised £375 - Thanks to all involved
* Nike Mead running in the London Marathon. Sunday 22nd April. Just giving link at http://www.justgiving.com/nike-run Nike finished the marathon in 5 hours 26 minutes raising over £2,000 for the appeal.
“I am delighted to support the co-location of a new area special school for Loughborough on the Thorpe Hill campus. Ashmount is already rated as an outstanding school and the move will enable it to look after, and support, a greater number of pupils in a modern, spacious environment alongside a mainstream secondary school. This will be a beacon for social inclusivity and sharing of services. There is a widespread desire for the Loughborough area to be renowned for its academic excellence for students of all ages and abilities and this move is a key step towards achieving that goal. I do hope that you can support Ashmount’s fundraising plan, as I will be doing.”
Nicky Morgan MP