Several pupils and staff attending the school this year have severe nut allergies. Their anaphylaxis (allergic reaction) can occur as a result of digestion, inhalation or any other contact with nut-based products. For their safety, all nut-based products have been banned from the school premises.
Please do not send your child into school with any nut-based product for a snack or packed lunch.
Potential allergens could include the following:
It is important that you check the labelling of food products before sending your child in to school with them – it is not always apparent that products contain nuts or traces of nuts.
We also ask that, if your child consumes any nut-based product before school, they wash their hands thoroughly before entering the school grounds. We understand that these measures may seem extreme; however, we want to ensure the health and safety of all our pupils and staff, and the individuals in question’s allergies are so severe that even the slightest of contact with nuts could cause a severe and potentially life-threatening reaction.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation with this matter.